JewishCare Remains Open
Important information for the community
COVID - 19
JEWISHCARE REMAINS OPEN
Our goal is to keep clients, staff and volunteers safe while maintaining essential client services and assisting the community
- JewishCare is following Department of Health guidelines to stop the spread of the virus
- We have implemented a number of initiatives which aim to balance the safety of our staff, and volunteers while continuing to provide appropriate services to our more vulnerable and isolated clients.
- JewishCare provides home support services to over 500 clients and we are committed to continuing to provide services for the duration of this crisis
- Our staff will remain in contact with clients and will be establishing a Virtual Client Support network to support clients we are not able to see face to face.
Social distancing - an important strategy to help stop the spread of the virus
- The majority of office-based staff are now working from home
- We have cancelled all events, activities and trainings scheduled to take place at Fischl House, as well as all meetings of Our Community Club Network (Friendship Clubs) until end April 2020. We have also advised volunteers to cease meeting clients face to face
- A number of programs have been cancelled until further notice. These are Print35, Our KitchenHand, JDay and The Burger Centre
We are here to help
- We are developing a community plan which will include:
- A listening ear and frequent contact for isolated individuals
- Emergency financial assistance for those in most urgent need
If you are worried about someone in the community who may benefit from support or want to talk to someone call JewishCare 1300 133 660.