Consumer Directed Care
What is Consumer Directed Care?
Consumer Directed Care (CDC) Home Care Packages are government funded packages that will assist you to remain living in your home for as long as possible. They will provide you with the choice and flexibility in the way that your care and support is provided. With decades of experience in providing Home Care support, JewishCare offers flexible CDC Home Care Packages in-home care that take into account your individual lifestyle, cultural background and religious beliefs.
As everyone’s individual needs differ and can change over time, JewishCare’s services are designed to accommodate these changes.
There are four levels of CDC Home Care Packages,
- Level 1 –to support people with basic care needs
- Level 2 –to support people with low level care needs
- Level 3 –to support people with intermediate care needs
- Level 4 –to support people with high care needs
Each package is individually tailored to meet your identified care needs in a flexible and responsive way, taking into account your personal goals, choices and decisions. A wide range of services are available to you to choose from at each package level, and these are determined in partnership between you and your experienced JewishCare case manager.
To be eligible for a Home Care Package you must undergo an assessment with an Australian Government Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). The ACAT will assess the level of care you require (the level of package) and establish how your physical and psychological independence can best be maintained. All requests for packages will then be lodged through the “MyAgedCare portal”.
JewishCare will provide advice to you and help guide you through each step of this the process
- You can decide which provider will help manage your package. Your package of care will become ‘portable’, that is you can take your care package to another approved provider. Basically, from now on the power of choice lies with you.
- If you move house or even go interstate, the Government funded In Home Care package follows you to a new provider of your choosing, including any unspent monies, therefore you will not have to re-apply for a package with a new provider
- A national system where everyone applies through the MyAgedCare website (http://www.myagedcare.gov.au/) will be introduced. There will be a National Prioritising Process which will look at the urgency of medical needs and how long a person have been waiting for a package – this all based on individual needs and circumstance. At the moment, Packages are given on a needs basis, but also criteria like specific groups and areas, and availability of Approved Providers with vacant packages in that area are taken into account
- You can change providers ie choose which organisation can deliver the services under the package. This means that if you are currently have a package with another provider you can move to JewishCare.
Why Choose JewishCare?
Simply, JewishCare offers the best value to the community for home based care.
- All of our Case Managers have many years of experience working with seniors living at home.
- We constantly compare our costs against other providers and we can report that we are the best value provider.
- Our workers speak your language. Literally. We have workers who speak Hebrew, Polish, Hungarian, German, Yiddish, French plus more. We know that that really helps us to understand what you want.
- Our workers all have a Certificate III qualification or higher. Many have Bachelor’s degrees.
- Plus we have agreements with a wide range of professionals who can come to your home to provide care and support to you, be it a physiotherapist to improve your walking ability or someone to mow your lawn.
- We also provide at no charge, highly skilled and experienced social work staff and an occupational therapist. To support you further there is free access to social clubs and activities in the community and volunteers to visit and support you in your home.
- The new changes will ensure that you can have the provider working with you that you feel best meets your needs and understands you. So if you want to, or are thinking of, having your package of home care managed by JewishCare ring us on 8305 8060 and one of our professional staff will guide you on the steps that you need to take to have JewishCare support you.
Remember now is the time to make the right move to JewishCare
Other forms of packaged Care:
The Conference on Jewish Material Claims against Germany (Claims Conference)
also provides packages of home support for Holocaust survivors. Specific eligibility criteria apply. Contact JewishCare’s Intake office or use our website referral form to make an enquiry
JewishCare also offer packages of care which allow you to have a greatest say in the way your care is delivered. These services are paid for by at a private rate and are provided on the days and times you request. This level of care can range from 2 to 24 hours/7 days a week.
This care is provided by qualified, trained and police checked careworker employed by JewishCare to work with you.
So why not ring JewishCare today on 1300 133 660
to discuss how we can help you