Our Kitchen Hand
Our Kitchen Hand (OKH) is an innovative approach to training, skill building and community participation for people with disability including those with psycho-social disability.
It is centered around food preparation, cooking, service and training.
The program will bring together up to 12 people per day in a purpose built modified kitchen aiming to develop a range of skills whilst participating in making a meaningful contribution to the community.
Activities will include:
- Developing a range of skills including cooking, food preparation and shopping
- Learning healthy eating along with food and kitchen hygiene
- Opportunities for further experience in the food industry
- Working on projects benefiting the local community
To attend OKH you will need to:
Safe food handling
- Be willing to be in a group environment
- Have an interest in learning a variety of skills which include:
OKH is held on selected weekdays from 9am-3pm
There is a daily cost for attendance at OKH. This includes a participant contribution fee of $10 which will help pay for ingredients. There is also an attendance fee which can be met either from a NDIS package or by the individual paying themselves.
For more Information contact Elena Tsetlin firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8302 8031